Here we have shared a fantastic review of the best crystal cat litters.
I am sure you would love to read our updated guide in 2019.
The silica gel material used in the crystal cat litters is known as one of the best product for absorbents of the urine and solid wastes of the cat. It decreases 40 % of the moisture and reduces the relative humidity in a closed container up to 40 %.
The silica gel unlike other cat litter materials soaks the liquid and dehydrates the solid wastes of the cat. It also decreases the humidity more than the other cat litter materials allowing you to change the product and remove solid wastes less frequently.
A Complete Guide to Choose the Best Crystal Cat Litter
The crystal cat litter introduces a new twist to usual cat litter maintenance. They allow you to remove the stirs and wastes twice a day to make the litter absorbing functionality more accurate and long-term working instead of changing the whole litter on the regular basis that could be more expensive and effort requiring one what indeed you won’t wish to perform.
By the removal of fecal matter and stirring of the box, it would make your litter work for about a couple of weeks or a month so that it could be an easier and cheaper choice for you.
Why is crystal litter great for your cat?
Unlike other cat litters the crystal cat litter is the only product that not only is non-toxic but at the same time one of the most significant features that makes it unique from other cat litters is that of making no dust. Yes, it is a non-dusty product which is a great choice for both the cats and pet parents who are suffering from asthma problems and for those who are allergic to dust.
It’s not only limited to this but also it does not allow bacteria and mold to grow thus keeping your cat’s litter box healthy, clean and odor free. Isn’t it sounds great? Of course, it does.
Moreover, like the clay litters, it does not stick to your cat’s paw which could be a source of making your house dirty, so it’s also a more clean option for you.
How to use crystal litter?
Besides it all of the features it should also be known that how to use it and in this article we will also be guiding you with that too. The procedure has been mentioned below.
1. Total amount to use
- You need to pour off about a ½ – 2 inches litter in depth to the cat litter box this will lead to prevent from forming any kinds of odors at your house and also will absorb the urine of the cats.
- If your cat is in the habit of digging that it is recommended to add of about 2 inches more the purpose behind that is preventing the urine from reaching to the bottom of the box and for proper absorbing.
2. Removal of waste
- If the solid waste has been left a day without removing it, it may cause creating some bad odors at the place where the box has been kept. To avoid these bad fragrances, it has been recommended to remove the solid waste regularly to prevent your house from being smelly.
3. Shaking of litter
- The silica gel it contains a function to absorb the urine and prevent from producing odors, but if the crystals are completely wet, then its capacity of absorbing will finish therefore it is recommended to shake the litter to increase its capacity of absorbing the urine.
4. Changing of crystals
- As everything that is made has a role of performing its functionality up to an extent same is the case with the litter crystals it also has some limited capacity of preventing odors and absorbing urine.
- You will see the litter that is poured into the cat litter box changing its color due to the absorbing of the urine. The color changing of the bedding is a sign that it has been reached to its limits and it’s time to change it.
- The crystal litter usually lasts for about a week or a month it depends on how much cats are using the litter box if fewer cats are using than it will continue for more time interval but if more cats are using than it will work for less time.
List of best cat litters in 2018
- Fresh Step Crystals Cat Litter
- Elsey’s Precious Cat Respiratory Relief Silica Gel Cat Litter
- Litter Pearls Micro Crystal Cat Litter
- Ultra Pearls Micro Crystal Cat Litter
- Nature’s Miracle Just For Cats Easy Care Crystal Cat Litter
The fresh step cat litter is one of the best cat litters available in the market that is most demanded and most loveable product due to its great odor control and ease of using features.
They don’t contain cobalt chloride thus ensures the safety of your cat to use though it is blue. Like all the cat litter’s main functionality it also does control the moisture, absorbs liquid and locks the bad odor of the cats waste, but apart from that, it has a scent which may found irritating by some cats and people.
It also has smooth and small crystals which play a vital role and does also not stick to your cat’s paws thus ensures the cleanness of your house as well.
Some of the people are allergic to dust, so the good news for the buyers of this product is that it is completely dust free and is a very safe choice for asthma patients.
- Controls the odor in an excellent manner.
- Completely dust free.
- Excellent choice for allergic people and cats.
- One of the most famous crystal cat litters.
- The crystals may be found uncomfortable by some cats.
- The scent of the litter may found irritating for some cats.
This product produces less harmful dust from the clay litters. This crystal litter is highly recommended for the cats having respiratory issues.
This litter’s formula was made on the aim to build such a litter that suite well with the cats that need relief from respiratory problems.
Mainly in respiratory problems, stress plays a vital role. Having focused on such issues of weight the Dr.Elsey’s crystal litter’s silica gel is infused with some of the stress relieving herbs.
It’s a hypoallergenic product and is made without the plant proteins and other allergenic stuff such as the scents that could be felt irritating by some of the cats facing the respiratory problems.
The sand- textured is felt quite gentle on your cat’s sensitive paws and is therefore extremely likable by the cats as they love to be in the sate of comfort unlike the other crystal sands which are found irritating and a bit uncomfortable by some of the cats.
And coming to the primary and common functionality among all the litters it as well as the feature of controlling the disagreeable odors of your cat’s waste and also do well with the moisture control. The other exciting thing about it is it could stay odorless and could work efficiently for about a month.
- It’s hypoallergenic and scent free thus proves to be the best choice for allergic cats.
- It is highly absorbent.
- It does well with odor control.
- It contains highly calming herbs.
- The fine grains are felt friendly on cats paws.
- The fine grains can sometimes be messy.
As mentioned above most of the crystal litters along with a lot of benefits also have some comfort problems to overcome that this product has been made with a new structure of the sand that is by reducing the size of the crystals to tiny granules, these small granules mimic the sand textures.
Some of the customers after using it has reviewed that this evaluation in the size of the crystals and has been likable by their cats and are found very comfortable.
This litter can be easily tossed over the edge of the litter box. If we talk about the dustiness like all the other crystal litters, it also is considered to be the dust-free product, but it is recommended to turn your face away from a little while pouring the litter in the litter box.
Moreover, it controls the bad odors of the cats waste and also does well with reducing the moisture and absorbing the liquid. It also works for a long time interval and requires to be freshened after a couple of weeks.
As fragrances aren’t like by the cats, so it is good for your cat due to the non-addition of the scents.
- No scents are being added to this product.
- The tiny particles are found very comfortable by the cats.
- Controls the odor.
- Does an excellent job of absorbing the liquid.
- The crystals could be sometimes found messy.
For the comfort of your cats, the manufacturers are focusing more on making the product that could provide more and more support along with its functionalities. For that this new product has been manufactured which your cat would definitely like because of its ultra-tiny particles and the sand like texture.
As the particles are too tiny; therefore it could be easy for your cat to dig l would which is their most likable and frequent habit and it won’t irritate their delicate feet as well.
Apart from being comfortable and soft, it could also be messy because of its small nature it could be easily tracked on your cat’s paws and could even be dusty.
Moreover, the litter is not scented and is, therefore, the best choice for those cats and people who are highly allergic of the fragrances, also not forgetting the main functionality which is most common in all the litters that are of controlling the bad odor and controlling the moisture. It is highly absorbent too.
- The tiny particles of the crystals are found very comfortable by the cats.
- Controls the odor.
- It is highly absorbent.
- It is scent free therefore is good for the allergic ones.
- The tiny particles could be messy.
- They are not dust free because of the too tiny size of the particles.
This product of crystal cat litter is scented and is therefore not a good choice for the cats facing with respiratory issues, but at the same time they are 99% dust free as well and are ideal for these cats as well. This litter only releases the odor when it’s thoroughly moistened.
According to the companies claim his crystal litter is an easy-care formula that controls the odor and is highly absorbent thus proves to be a good choice for the litter box of your cats.it works for a long interval of time. Therefore, it does not require a frequent refreshing of the litter.
The litter has a faint blue hue and becomes deepen in color when liquefied thus showing you that it’s time to refresh the litter box when it’s thoroughly moistened.
It has also been concluded from the reviews related to the product that it does well with controlling the urine, but it couldn’t control the odors as other crystal litters do.
- It is a low dust product that proves to be a good choice for a cat having respiratory issues.
- Controls the moistened.
- It is highly absorbent thus fully absorbs the urine.
- It changes color whenever liquefied thus enables you to know when to refresh the box.
- It does not control odor well as other crystals litter brand does.
Conclusion – Wrapping It Up
In the above article, it has been mentioned a list of top crystal litter for your cat’s litter box along with the detailed description also it has mentioned the pros that it has what other brands lack in comparison to it. Read them carefully and choose the perfect crystal litters for your cat’s litter box. Hope the article would be helpful for you.